The Illinois Association of School Nurses (IASN) was organized
- To promote comprehensive school health programs for students.
- To improve and maintain standards of preparation for school nurses
- To promote and advance the quality of health and learning in the schools.
- To provide educational programs for school nurses.
- To promote the welfare of school nurses.
- To encourage membership in related professional organizations.
- To provide a forum for discussion of school health issues.
The Association holds an Annual Meeting in conjunction with the Annual Conference. The location, date, and place is determined by the Board in consultation with the Chairman of the Annual Conference Committee.
IASN is affiliated with the National Association of School Nurses (NASN) and members pay unified dues. Membership is Anniversary which means that members can pay at any time of the year and membership is current for that one year.
IASN communicates with members via SchoolNurseNet, a NASN based Discussion List, E-Mail, and when necessary, a printed/mailed newsletter in September, and the IASN website.